Welcome

We are a grassroots group of Crenshaw Blvd stakeholders, seeking a Crenshaw-LAX Line designed in the manner desired by the community: underground on Crenshaw Blvd with a Leimert Park Village subway station.

It is our hope that this website will be an informative and engaging vehicle that helps empower stakeholders directly impacted by MTA’s Crenshaw-LAX Light Rail Line, and all who are concerned. For a quick overview of the issue, view our PowerPoint presentation created in preparation of “The Decision,” which can be found on the Issues page.

Before you leave our webhome, be sure to connect with us a variety of ways so we can keep you up to date on this important project by signing up for our email updates, becoming a Fan of our Facebook page, and following us on Twitter.


  • Upcoming events

    Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 06:30 PM · 154 rsvps
    Holman United Methodist Church in Los Angeles, CA

    South LA Action Forum to Fight Displacement

    development-not-displacement.jpg

    Massive luxury housing projects are finding their way into our historic South L.A. community. With rents priced well above the income levels affordable to local residents, it is clear that the new massive traffic-causing projects like Cumulus, The Reef, and the 1,000 luxury housing element of the Crenshaw Mall Redevelopment are not for us. They're actually intended to push long-time residents out.

    Measure S on the March 7 Los Angeles ballot would prohibit these massive rule-breaking luxury housing developments from being built. Join us as we discuss both how to stop massive urban cleansing projects, but also discuss how we build better neighborhoods but with the same neighbors.

    Join us at the historic Holman United Methodist Church for refreshments and a lively dialogue. You can download the most current event flyer.

    #VoteYESonS


  • Latest from the blog

    First CSC Community Meeting of 2014 is Tonight

    Join us tonight at the first Crenshaw Subway Coalition community meeting of 2014: Tuesday, March 4, 2014 Community Meeting So much has happened and is happening on the Crenshaw-LAX Line. There are important new developments in our efforts to make MTA underground the rail line on Crenshaw Blvd and encourage Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas and Mayor Eric Garcetti to assume their roles as leaders of South LA and the city to champion the effort. Come to tonight's meeting to receive critical information on our lawsuit in federal court that challenges the entire Crenshaw-LAX project for violating civil rights and environmental laws, because the line is proposed to built at street-level in a manner that will kill the last black business corridor in Southern California and threaten our children’s lives. Also, come hear about the challenges with the MTA’s currently selected contractor for the project, Walsh-Shea. The second half of the meeting will be dedicated to discussing MTA's eminent domain abuse along the Crenshaw-LAX Light Rail Line.
    read more

    A Question Supervisor on the Crenshaw Line Eminent Domain & Small Business Displacement

    In an email today to Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas, we delivered the question posed by many members of the community who attended Tuesday's ceremonial groundbreaking to start construction of the Crenshaw/LAX Line. Questions remain as to whether the press event was intended to overshadow our court hearing challenging the project for violating our state's civil rights and environmental laws scheduled for February 6th. Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas:  Many thought it tragically ironic that at Tuesday's Crenshaw/LAX Line groundbreaking you literally applauded the demolition of a school to ceremonially "start construction." The term used was "tragically ironic," because the school was on the southeast corner of Crenshaw/Exposition and is one of 6 small businesses being displaced as part of construction of the Crenshaw Line's Crenshaw/Exposition underground station. The other 5 small businesses now boarded up, fenced off and ready for the demolition crew are Yum Yum Donuts, Conroy's Flowers, Earlez Grille, Haven Burger and a laundromat. We understand that to build a subway station portal (with elevators and escalators to go down to the future Crenshaw Line Exposition/Crenshaw subway station platform) one of the corners at Crenshaw/Exposition had to be acquired. The issue is Metro and you made the deliberate decision to displace the six small businesses on the southeast corner instead of the one gas station and probation office on the southwest corner. (See the image attached) 75% of the land on the southeast corner was/is publicly owned - it is the probation office for LA County - it is a probation office in your supervisorial district. (The other 25% is a gas station.)
    read more
    See all posts

Donate Volunteer Find an Event

connect

get updates